Our aim is to put people in the Henfield community in touch with each other as they offer help and support in the Ukrainian refugee crisis.
The Government recently announced details about the Homes for Ukraine scheme. Details can be found here:
We would be pleased to hear from you if you are:
• Considering becoming a host for Ukrainian refugees
• Not able to be a host, but willing and able to help in other ways.
There will be many people that want to support this scheme but feel unable or uneasy about doing so, due to their personal situation. For example:
• They may have concerns about the six-month minimum agreement.
• They may have a planned holiday in the next six months and be
unsure about what will happen during this time.
• They may have personal circumstances that they are concerned
about, such as how this might affect children or others living with
• They may be concerned about how much support refugees will need
and their own ability to meet this support.
• They may want to form a support group with other hosts from the
The Henfield community is in an excellent position to team up and tackle these issues together, which is why this website has been produced. Our aim is that as many households as possible are able to host Ukrainian refugees through the support of our community.
If you are planning on hosting Ukrainian refugees or are not able to but would like to support others that are, please get in touch and one of our team will get back to you.